Wednesday 31 August 2011

Editorial Illustration



Magazine chosen for layout:
DPS from magazine
The above DPS from the “one small seed” magazine that I used as reference contains grid layout that consist of 2 columns per page. The image is offset 2 thirds of the centre of DPS, making it interesting visually.


Fonts used in Editorial
Illustration Development
Rough Ideas


The editorial I chose was “Pollyanna Days”. From content I came out with the idea to find happiness in life was all base on our chooses and decisions.

The picture to the right is how I tried to show my idea. To convert my idea into a visual illustration a used the idea of 2 roads where you have to make a choice. The roads represents different paths that you could have chosen and the things that could or could not make you happy.

In the above illustration I used the image of hands to show the idea of deciding but later didn’t used the hands because if u see the image of two paths in front of you, you will evidently have to choose 1.   




Development of final illustration
For my final illustration I decided to used Adobe illustrator


Then I began to develop a background for my illustrations.



Once all illustrations are completed I then began placing them and adjusting them on my illustrated background so that it visually represents my concept.





Final Illustration



No comments:

Post a Comment