Wednesday 21 September 2011

Cook book design

The concept and theme of my cook is "South African Indian Cuisine". I used my mother who is otherwise known as aunty Rachel to the neighborhood. She cooks traditional indian food with a South African twist.
For my cook book I used the dimensions of a square 210mm x 210mm. I did this because most books are rectangular in shape and if this book were on the self with the others it would be noticed easily.
My cover is 215mm x 215m its is 5mm x 5mm bigger than the page format as my book cover will be in a hardcover form. The spine of book is 20mm.


illustrations


Cover
Index
Introduction
Recipe 1
Recipe 2
Illustration process
Step 1: take a photograph of image to illustrate. Place in Photoshop and make opacity 60%, then I created a new layer and using a normal round brush at 5 pixel size began redrawing the line art of the image.

Step 2: I then began to add flat base colour to line art and by picking colours from photograph and from swatches palette.

Step 3: using the different colours I began to show tone and texture and enhance the overall look of the image to make it look more realistic. All my painting was done using a solid brush to give my illustration a unique stylized look.


Step 4: Once the illustration is completed a solid colour background is applied to the illustration and image is save as a .jpg to be placed in the indesign layout.



Fonts Used

No comments:

Post a Comment